Sunday, February 27, 2011

Things I Have Become Addicted to While in Prague:

1. My roomate Jana's electric tea kettle:  You can make tea in like, 2 minutes flat.  Also, it shuts itself off automatically, so if I get distracted and forget about it, it doesn't even matter!  For a person like me, who has extreme paranoia about forgetting to turn things off when I leave the house in the morning, it is absolutely perfect.  Needless to say, I have also become addicted to tea.  Mom and dad, you can expect one of these to turn up in your kitchen as soon as I get back!

2. Nutella: Now, I know that you can get this in the states, but for some reason it just tastes so much better in Europe!  Also, they have this awesome nutella mix here, which combines the origninal chocolate hazlenut with white chocolate.  Amazing!

3. Trams that run on time: DC, you need to take serious note of this.  Never in my month and a half here have I ever seen a tram that is more than 2 minutes late.  When you share a track/electircal wires with other trams, one tran cannot be late without throwing everything else off, hence no trams are ever late.  I can leave 15 minutes before class to get a tram that takes 12 minutes to get to school, and I will never be late!

4. Buying a week worth of groceries for less than $15:  Everything in Prague is incredibly cheap, including food.  I can buy a large amount of groceries, including a bottle of wine for super super cheap.  The produce here is especially cheap, so I eat healthier too!  I never want to go grocery shopping in the US again!  It is going to be so painful to come home and pay for anything.  On the topic of cheap food, you can also eat out at a nice restaurant for the equivalent of what a meal at z-burger costs in DC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment