Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cesky Krumlov and Snow

So I realize it has been a little while since I have updated the blog, but things have been pretty calm here.  I feel like I am finally getting into the swing of things here and classes are starting to pick up so they are begining to occupy a lot of my time.  There is one trip that I took that hasn't made an apperance on this blog yet, and that was my trip to Cesky Krumlov.

Cesky Krumlov is a little town in the southern part of the Czech Republic.  It, like many other Czech towns, is built around an old chateau (ie small castle) and is incredibly beautiful.  We were there from Sunday-Monday of last week with our entire program of about 90 kids just to get out of Prague for a little while.  To give you a sense of how small the town is, I think that our group temporarily doubled its population.  The town's primary purpose is as a tourist destination, and so the majority of it is dedicated to restaurants and souvenier shops.  Here are some pictures:
Down one of the side streets off of the main town square
My roomate Hannah and I on top of the tower
view of Cesky Krumlov from the top of the tower

 
The Chateau spire
Other than Cesky Krumlov, not a whole lot has been happening around here.  The weather has been really cold (snow forecasted for the next few days).  I am currenlty sitting in the Globe, an awesome English language bookstore in the middle of Prague blogging and pretending to do my reading for class tomorrow....

On a final, more exciting note though I just booked a trip to Rome and Paris for after my semester ends adn I cound't be more excited about it!  If anyone has any suggestions about either place, I would love to hear them!

2 comments:

  1. Here's my advice about Paris and Rome. You can't do everything because there are so many wonderful things to do and see so anything you do is great! There is no way to go wrong. See the modern stuff. See the ancient stuff. Go shopping. Go eating. Stand on a corner and watch. All of it is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just outside of Paris is Montmarte. It is SO SO pretty and artists line the streets and you can watch them paint the amazing view of the city. There is a big cathedral at the top and then an amazing shopping district right behind. Definitely one of my favorite places in Paris!

    ReplyDelete